The Bitcoin Starter Kit
- Acceptance of Agreement
- Copyright and Trademarks
The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Kit are protected under applicable copyrights, trade marks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by a User of any such content or any part of the Website, except with written consent of the Corporation, is strictly prohibited. The User does not acquire ownership rights to any content or document provided with or related to the Kit. The posting of information or materials on the Website does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
All content and information found and published at the Website or included in the Kit is protected by copyright. Users of the Website shall only be entitled to copy Website content for their own personal use and may not republish or reproduce any part of the Website in any manner whatsoever, including electronically reproducing this Website by “uploading”, “downloading” or accessing the Website on the Internet or in any other local or international computer system, without the prior written consent of the owner of the Website, the Corporation. An acknowledgment of the source must be included whenever any Website content is copied or published. If you require any further information on the permitted use or license to reproduce or publish any material address your inquiry to email@example.com.
Any infringement of the Corporation’s rights will result in appropriate legal action. The Corporation disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from the unauthorized reproduction or use of this Website whatsoever.
The User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Corporation and its partners, lawyers, staff and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable lawyer fees, related to a User’s violation of this Agreement or use of the Website.
User’s right to use the Services related to the Kit is transferable, provided that any transferee acknowledges and understand that they will be bound by these or any successor Terms and Conditions.
(1) THE KIT, THE INFORMATION AND ANY RELATED AND ANCILLARY INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE, SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS INVESTMENT ADVICE. THE KIT AND THE INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING BITCOIN ONLY, AND NO OTHER DIGITAL ASSETS. THE CORPORATION IS NOT A PROMOTER, DISTRIBUTER OR RESELLER OF DIGITAL ASSETS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE THE VALUE, USES OR INVESTMENT ACTIVITES RELATED TO ANY DIGITAL ASSETS. THE CORPORATION DOES NOT PROVIDE INVESTMENT ADVICE AND THE USER EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT DIGITAL ASSETS, INCLUDING BITCOIN, ARE A HIGHLY VOLATILE ASSET CLASS THAT REQUIRES DUE DILIGENCE AND INVESTIGATION BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH INVESTMENT. FURTHERMORE, THE USER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE DO NOT POSSESS PRIVATE KEY INFORMATION, AND ANY PRIVATE KEYS WHICH ARE LOST OR MISPLACED ARE DONE SO AT THE USERS PERIL.
(2) THE INFORMATION, FORMS AND AGREEMENTS RELATED TO THE KIT AND WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE FORMS, AGREEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. THE CORPORATION AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR A USER’S USE OF ANY INFORMATION, FORM OR DOCUMENTS. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, THE CORPORATION AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE CORPORATION AND USER. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION, FORMS, AGREEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
(3) The Corporation does not carry on the business of dealing, trading, investment or any other related or ancillary advisory services in relation to digital assets and does not provide such services, and any products and services, including the Kit and the Information, provided by the Corporation or any opinion expressed by the Corporation does not constitute investment advice and is strictly for technology educational purposes. The User understands the risks involved in trading in digital assets and is solely responsible for its investment decisions and trades including but not limited to the risks, consequences and content of any digital asset trading. If the User intends to purchase or invest in digital assets, it should conduct its own research and seek the advice of its own professional investment advisors in order to make fully informed investment decisions.
(4) The Kit and the Information should be treated as a guide or starting point and should not be considered a substitute for professional advice. The Corporation and its Affiliated Parties are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, investment or other professional services. If legal or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. The User assumes all responsibilities and obligations with respect to any decisions or advice made or given as a result of the use of the Kit and the Information to achieve the User’s intended results.
- Third Party Services
The Corporation may provide information about and access to third party merchant sites (“Merchants”) through which the Users may purchase certain goods or services. The User understands that the Corporation does not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. the Corporation is not a party to the transactions entered into between Users and Merchants. The User agrees that use of Merchant services is AT THE SOLE RISK OF USER AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY THE CORPORATION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THE CORPORATION LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN USERS AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO THE CORPORATION SITE. THE CORPORATION WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO USERS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CORPORATION SERVICE.
- Third Party Merchant Policies
All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to Users while on the Merchants’ sites. the Corporation is not responsible for information provided by the Users to Merchants. Merchant and the Corporation are completely independent entities and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Ontario, Canada, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action of the User with respect to the Corporation must be instituted within six months after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall further be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 6 above. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. User expressly submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario and Canada and consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Website is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Failure of the Corporation to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
- Not Available in Quebec
Due to regulatory and other restrictions, the Services and the Kit will not be available for purchase by or shipment to individuals domiciled in the Province of Quebec, Canada. The User acknowledges that they are not domiciled in Quebec and will not use or transfer the Kit to any person who is domiciled in Quebec, Canada.
Information We Collect
We collect and use your information to provide our Services and improve them over time.
Information Collected Upon Registration: When you create or reconfigure an account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, contact information, payment information, email address, etc. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. Registration requires a birth date to register for our service, you will not be able to enter a birth date that indicates that you are less than 13 years old.
Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with advertisements, may also be included in Log Data.
Links: The Website may keep track of how you interact with links by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
Cookies: Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional Website usage data and to improve our Services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our Services. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. the Website may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Device Identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or cell phone to access our service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to your device.
Metadata: Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their user content including tags, location, work, education and other Metadata. This makes your user content more searchable by others and more interactive.
E-Mail: You may decide to send the Corporation personally identifying information in an e-mail message which might contain information or inquiries about the Services. The Corporation will use this information to identify you and to respond to your inquiry. The Corporation will only use the information obtained to resolve the issue identified in the email. We never sell e-mail addresses. You may change or request deletion of your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Services: We use a variety of services hosted by third parties to help provide our services, and to help us understand the use of our services, such as Google Analytics. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request.
Bitcoin Usage: Bitcoin transactions are not 100% anonymous. Because Bitcoin is an open peer-to-peer network which maintains a public ledger of all Bitcoin transactions, anybody can see all transactions coming in and out of every Bitcoin address. Even if you are using multiple addresses, it is still possible to find relationships between different payments coming in and out of the same wallet, including the Bitcoin sent to and from the OPENDIME.
How We Use Your Information
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
Information about you and your use of the Services may be aggregated with other information in ways that do not personally identify you or constitute personally identifiable information. This type of aggregated or statistical information may be used by us to improve the quality of the Services or for other purposes that we may deem appropriate.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not disclose your private information except in the limited circumstances described here.
Your Consent: We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use a third-party web client to access your account.
Law and Harm: We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect the Corporation’s rights or property.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public bio or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did).
Changes to this Policy
The Corporation welcomes your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send any questions or comments via email to email@example.com.